Whether you’re an athletic director of a school, a business director for a tennis facility, or own a personal tennis court, making sure your tennis court is always in good shape is extremely important. For over 25 years, American Athletic Track and Turf has proudly provided beautiful tennis courts, as well as tennis court maintenance. Here, we discuss tennis court crack repair and why it is beneficial to fix sooner rather than later.
Reasons to Address Cracks
When a tennis court facility gets used regularly, it tends to wear out and develop cracks. Reasons to repair these cracks include:
- Safety: Repairing the cracks in a tennis court ensures the court is even and safe. This will prevent players from turning their ankles on the uneven surface a crack causes. A crack on a tennis court should be repaired immediately to prevent any potential injuries.
- Longevity of the court: Untreated cracks on a tennis court will lead to more damage over time and higher costs of repair. Regular tennis court maintenance, as well as repairing when they occur, will lead to your court lasting longer and help save you money down the road.
- The beauty and appearance of your tennis court: While tennis courts are primarily used for function, they can always add beauty to your school, park, or yard. When maintained regularly, a beautiful tennis court can provide you with a sense of pride – even when it’s not being used.
- Prevent the need for resurfacing: Over time, cracks in your court surface will worsen. If your tennis court has cracked over an inch in width, a simple repair job may not do the trick. In these situations, court resurfacing will be needed to eliminate the problem to help create a safe and playable surface.
Tennis Court Maintenance Best Practices
Proper tennis court maintenance is the key to maintaining a quality playing surface and preventing costly repairs. These tips for proper tennis court maintenance will keep your court looking great for years to come:
- Regularly inspect your tennis court: Regularly inspecting the surface of your tennis court will allow you to detect any potential damage and prevent it from worsening.
- Keep your tennis court clean: Dirty courts tend to dry up prematurely causing cracks to occur. Keep your court clean by removing weeds or grass, and using a blower to remove stones, debris, and leaves. To take it a step further, you can wash your tennis court with water and a mild detergent. However, use caution when using a pressure washer as it can damage the court’s surface.
- Fill in cracks as soon as you see them: Filling in cracks is easier and less expensive in the long run, especially when compared to resurfacing an entire tennis court.
Understanding the Importance of Tennis Court Crack Repair
When it comes to tennis court crack repair, act fast. Quickly filling cracks to repair your tennis court will help preserve its surface quality and help save you money in the long term. American Athletic provides clients in the following states with excellent tennis court maintenance and repair:
- New Jersey
- Southern Massachusetts
- Eastern Pennsylvania
- Rhode Island
- New Hampshire
To learn more about the services we provide, and how you can maintain the quality of your tennis court, contact us today.